Are you searching for the best WordPress caching plugins?
Then you are in the right place.
If you want to increase the speed of your WordPress website, then you need to use a caching plugin.
Check out the post for the list of the best WordPress caching plugins.
- Why Do You Need a WordPress Caching Plugin?
- 7 Best WordPress Caching Plugins
Why Do You Need a WordPress Caching Plugin?
By using a caching plugin, static HTML pages are generated for your website and saved on your server.
Whenever a user visits your website, your caching plugin serves up the lighter HTML page instead of processing the comparatively heavier PHP scripts of WordPress.
By caching your page, your loading time is greatly improved.
With caching plugins, you can:
- Reduce the time it takes for your website to load
- User experience is improved as everything runs faster and smoother
- Improve SEO rankings by ensuring your site loads quickly
Using a caching plugin, you only need to click a few buttons to make your site incredibly fast. Here are the best caching plugins for WordPress.
7 Best WordPress Caching Plugins
WP Rocket: Most Popular Premium Cache Plugin
Among WordPress caching plugins, WP Rocket is the most popular. WP Rocket stands out from its competitors due to its ease of configuration.
After activating the plugin, the cache will be activated immediately.
The following are some more benefits of WP Rocket:
- Your website will be better indexed by search engines.
- Using lazy loading, your images will only be loaded when they’re visible to your visitors on their browsers.
- Remove unwanted and unused CSS
- Developers can easily extend its features with its many hooks.
There are so many features and it’s so easy to use with WP Rocket. There is no doubt that this is the best plugin for WordPress caching.
Check Out: Best Free Form Builder Plugins for WordPress
WP Super Cache: Cache Plugin from WordPress.com
With over a million active installations, WP Super Cache is another popular caching plugin for WordPress. Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, runs the plugin.
You can generate static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress blog with WP Super Cache. WP Super Cache serves a static HTML file to the vast majority of visitors to your site after processing comparatively heavier WordPress PHP scripts.
There are three ways in which WP Super Cache serves cached files:
- Simple: It requires no editing of PHP files, and there is no need to configure any .htaccess files.
- Expert: This is the fastest of the caching methods, but requires you to modify your .htaccess files.
- WP Super Caching: Using this method, pages are cached for known users (the people who log on to your site or leave comments). Despite being the most flexible caching method, it’s slower than others.
W3 Total Cache: Developer-Friendly WordPress Cache Plugin
One of the most popular caching plugins for WordPress, W3 Total Cache has over a million active installations. It can improve the performance of your site by caching everything, and it can also integrate with content delivery networks.
It supports Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) and Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
Here are a few highlights of W3 Total Cache:
- Performance improvement by 10x
- Integration of content delivery networks (CDNs)
- Performance improvements on the web server
- Be able to sustain a high-traffic period
WP Fastest Cache: Simple Caching Plugin for WordPress
WordPress Fastest Cache is one of the easiest WordPress caching plugins in the WordPress plugin repository because it requires fewer configuration settings.
As with any caching plugin, it creates static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress site.
Minifying HTML and CSS files reduce the size of files. Emojis can also be disabled on the site. With this plugin, you can implement WordPress browser caching to reduce the load time of repeat visitors and only have to download one CSS file instead of many to reduce the number of HTTP rounds.
You’ll find a lot of features for increasing the speed of your website in the premium version, including image optimization, database cleanup, mobile caching, and more.
You can purchase the premium version of WP Fastest Cache directly from your WordPress dashboard after installing the free plugin.
WP Fastest Cache plugin highlights include:
- Files can be deleted by the administrator
- Option to enable/disable mobile cache
- SSL and CDN support
- Preload cache and WP-CLI cache clearing
Check Out: Best Free WordPress Themes for Bloggers
LiteSpeed Cache: Best All-in-One Site Acceleration Plugin
LiteSpeed Cache is a free plugin for WordPress sites that provides a server-level cache. There are many website optimization features to reduce page load time.
It is pretty easy to switch from another caching plugin to LiteSpeed Cache since you can export your settings.
LiteSpeed Cache’s highlights include:
- Image optimization and lazyload
- Multiple CDN support
- PageSpeed score optimization
- Cloudflare API
- Single Site and Multisite (Network) support
It has 5/5 stars and over 1 million active users. This plugin further cleans the database and caches web pages to separate them from packages.
WP-Optimizer also has a premium version that you can use on multiple websites, implement lazy loading techniques, and other premium features.
Some of the best things about this plugin are as follows:
- Cache pages for faster load times with browser caching
- Clean and optimize the database
- Image compression
- GZIP compression
Hummingbird comes last in our list of best WordPress caching plugins. It is an all-in-one optimization platform that can speed up your website instantly.
It has both free and pro versions and has the coveted 5-star rating on WordPress.org. It also integrates with Divi to significantly reduce page load times.
The user interface makes this plugin very easy to use and includes in-app tips to help you familiarize yourself with the caching system.
Frameworks help speed up your website in no time by giving you control over features like file compression, CSS and JS modifications, lazy loading, and caching.
Some of the best features of the plugin are as follows:
- Lazy loading of offscreen images
- Efficient caching
- GZIP compression
- Asset optimization
That’s all about the best WordPress caching plugins.
It is impossible to choose a caching plugin for WordPress that is suitable for all sites.